Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lola's New Toy

The Exersaucer is perhaps my most favorite baby gear item.

I had one with Gabe almost twelve years ago. I used to put him inside the disc shaped contraption and let him sit in his Nana's garden and watch the birds, while he played with the gadgets and doo-dads that were available for the taking.

I had one for Christian we got from a friend of ours. We got it used and, man, did we use that thing. I dragged it all over the house, to every room I happen to frequent. I gave him little edible finger foods like cheerios and fruit puffs to nibble on while he navigated his selection of Exersaucer toys. His daddy would take him out to the garage and let him play in his Exersaucer while he worked on project cars and introduced Christian to his first tools. That Exersaucer saw Daddy's garage, the backyard patio, and camping in the dessert. We used and used and used that Exersaucer until the day that Christian decided he'd had enough and was frankly bored of thing. I was sad because that meant he was growing out of baby hood.

So, of course, I had wanted one for Lola. Of course, I did. She's been ready for one for about two months now and I could use it for my own sanity. She's tired of her swing, she's grown bored of her bouncy seat, she doesn't want to roll around on the play mat, she's over it! The girl wants to stand.

So what did Lola's Tia Maggie bring home today???

An Exersaucer!!!



She tasted...

She explored...





It was a success!

I know this sounds far reaching and like fuzzy nonsense but these oversized discs overflowing with toys and lights (And can I just say Gabe's didn't have a single electronic device on his, it was oldschool), these miniature baby jungle gyms are memory makers as far as my children go. Every one of my babies has jumped and played and laughed and giggled in one of these until they're tired and ready for Mommy again. Lola followed suit tonight.


Thank you, Tia Maggie!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus