Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Land of Disney






Also known as Disneyland!

We were surprised by Daddy during our trip last week to California. He worked a little extra so we could go to Disneyland and California Adventure after our long week of therapy. We are lucky to have such a daddy!

This was not Christian's first time there. No, he's already been there. About two and a half years ago we went while I was about 4 months pregnant with him, right before I found out I was having a boy. Then about a year and a half ago we went when he was around 6 months old.

We've certainly been on the Disney kick these last few years. Would you believe I hadn't been there since I was about 12 years old prior to the beginning of our Disney kick? Would you also believe that I only had half an interest in anything Disney during my childhood and young adult life? I mention this because there are those who are raised or raise their own kids on Disney. Not us! We repeated VHS tapes of Footloose and Grease over and over until the tape actually broke in half. We didn't have a collection of Disney classics like my cousin. We had maybe two Disney movies in our possession - The Jungle Book and Robin Hood. So I didn't really have an inbread appreciation for all things Disney.

That all changed a few years ago when we decided to go one rainy February weekend. It may truly be the happiest place on earth. I know it's gotta be the tastiest place on earth, that's for sure. I mean after you're there for a couple hours, it seem perfectly reasonable to purchase a Tinkerbell t-shirt or a Minnie Mouse backpack knowing you will never wear either one again outside the walls of Disneyland.

I love going now. I think of the next time we'll go and worry maybe we won't go for another twelve years like when I was a kid. Memories of Disney adventures are even better. Looking over pictures that captured first roller coaster rides, or a first encounter with Sleeping Beauty.

So, of course, I took pictures!

Lola modeling her new mouse ears.

Big brother, Christian, has mouse ears just like Lola's, sans the big bow and pink hues. It's also blue and says Christian.

Christian's first time on the Dumbo ride. Not impressed. But he didn't cry so that's usually a sign he's cool with it.


I love this picture. This was taken while entering into the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Christian's eyes got huge and he was so engaged with the whole thing. Talk about sensory overload. But he hung in there. He didn't even make a peep through the entire ride. I'm gonna say that one was his fave.

Not the best picture, but this is the castle lit up in purple and pink.

Lola even got a pin that says "My First Visit." She likes it.

My sleeping prince.

Until next time, Disneyland!
blog comments powered by Disqus