Thursday, October 28, 2010

You think I'm obsessed with pumpkin?

I don't know what it is about this fall. I have never in my life been as obsessed with pumpkin flavored things as I am right now. It's now kind of like a scavenger hunt of pumpkin-ness. If I hear that there is a new pumpkin pie milkshake, pumpkin latte, or pumpkin flavored Doritos (not really, but you get the point), I actually get really excited.

I don't know where this came from at all. Normally, by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I have my yearly dozen or so pieces of pumpkin pie and then that's it. It's a brief relationship. But this year it's turned into a fully blown obsession!

So, this is my list of pumpkin flavored goodies that I keep talking about so much that my loved ones are about to actually throw a real pumpkin at me.

That which started the love affair....

The Jamba Juice Pumpkin Smash was found on a trip to Gamestop with Gabe. We agreed to split one and that was such a mistake. It was so good and I don't even have words. It tastes like a pumpkin pie in liquid form. Doesn't sound all that appetizing? It was, we both agreed.

Then I found out that McDonald's has a new pumpkin pie (just like the classic apple pie, but with a pumpkin filling) and a pumpkin pie shake. Both good, but the pumpkin pie shake is just a little bit gooder.

Dairy Queen has a pumpkin pie shake that's really good, too. And they now have mini-blizzard sizes so I don't feel so I can trick myself into thinking it's really not that bad.

Oooh, I also made my first batch of Pumpkin Bread that WASN'T from a box. (Gasp!) It's the recipe from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook (Also available here.). I added chocolate chips which made the whole loaf disappear before my very eyes. I don't know how it happened! All I can say is that the recipe makes two loafs and both were gone within a couple days.

We had pumpkin pancakes from IHOP and homemade pumpkin Belgian Waffles the next day.

So do you think it's an obsession?

Oh, there's more...

My Pumpkin Cake Donuts are back and I have waited an entire year for these things to surface! You think I'm kidding but I'm not. My last four visits to Fry's (Kroger), I've scoured the bakery for these suckers and finally they appeared this week. I resisted the first day, but the second trip to the store got me!

I also had the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. It's okay but I had it iced, which was a bad idea. And I was still pissed from having to pay over $4 for the damn thing. So it wasn't as enjoyable as it maybe could have been.

I'm making a pumpkin cream cheese dip on Sunday for Halloween that I found on the back of the pumpkin puree can. I'm serving it with graham crackers, apple slices, and ginger snaps.

And then I found pumpkin pie Pop Tarts.

It's pretty much elevated from an obsession to a sickness.
blog comments powered by Disqus